ALRIGHT

Friday, January 10, 2014

Welcome To The OPC is Going Off - Simply Food For Thought......


For those of you that don't know me here's a bit of my blogging history. I started a food blog http://otherparsimoniouschef.blogspot.com about 2 years ago that can and should be visited by hitting the link above. What I provide there are recipes that are easy to follow, stories that are simple to relate to and music that is easy to be inspired by. In March of 2013 I took a job in Afghanistan which limited the amount of pictures and recipes which in turn redirected the content and the blog became more narrative than I had first imagined. What I found was being limited in the physical sense only awaked my need to share more by writing. From that point on it was all about the story telling.

Chiang Mai
As a person that has lived life to the fullest I found an unlimited supply of stories to share and in turn relive. I also found it quite easy to relate these stories to food and recipes so it was on and poppin'! By now I have over 110 post and a great deal of those follow that formula and it's gone fairly well. Most of my followers love my stories, the fact that I provide music that is relevant to the post and recipes that are different from most others. Recently I've been told by more than a few, that I should think about changing the format to be more in line with other more popular Food Blogs. Although I still love what I do I have begun to relent and even see their points. This Blog is my attempt to allow for my writing, story sharing and opinion to take center stage and leave the food and travel for the other blogs that I have.

Thailand
In this Blog Series The OPC is Going Off - Simply Food For Thought... You will get my opinion on everything that makes me tick. Trust me there will be issues that you may like and some that you just might hate but I promise to present each of my thoughts in a fare and balanced way. The idea is to create healthy debate, and in some cases a fresh perspective on issues of the day. My 2nd real post is sure to tick some off but if all really sit back and internalize what I am sharing they should realize that it is only My opinion and not made to force it down anyone's throat but shared to allow the reader to understand My perspective.

Food For Thought will cover subjects such as The Art of Taking and Giving Advice, The State Of Music, The Use of Certain Words & absolutely anything that One could possibly have an opinion on. I hope that you will enjoy the posts as much as I enjoy writing and sharing them. I enjoy learning how to write and encourage those that are sitting on the fence about writing to just jump out there and do it. There's an audience out there for everyone. This is Simply Food For Thought.....

Here's To New Beginnings 

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new venture... I'll be tuning in to see what's on your mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just as eager to see what's in this thing called my mind Julie.... It should be a fun trip.... Thank you for tuning in....

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You and me both Sean.. Be safe in your travels and I'll look you up when I get a chance....

      Delete
  3. Blah, blah, blah... bring it on!! Where are you, what are you doing and what do you think about it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tonja, only you would start off with blah, blah, blah... Hilarious. My first post will be on Friday.. I'm currently in Afghanistan and here's a post I did about my time here...
      http://otherparsimoniouschef.blogspot.com/2013/04/give-me-simple-life-my-perspective-in.html

      Delete